Water and Wastewater
Perceptive has developed powerful tools to deal with sensor reliability issues, improve process efficiency and robustness, provide early warning of process upset.
The environmental impact of cleaning wastewater has become a serious consideration, with whole-life assessments now made of design, build and operation. Drinking water is becoming an increasingly precious commodity, so the efficiency of production is a critical concern.
Over the past 20 years, the drive has been to increase operational efficiency and reduce operating costs, while generating the maximum return on capital investment. Much of the initial effort focussed on gathering data through measurement and instrumentation. However, most of the data was used to identify the causes of faults after they occurred.
Perceptive Engineering is helping unlock the true value in that data, to reduce operating and maintenance costs and maximise the utilisation of existing assets.
- Fault detection and early warning of process faults. Reduce process downtime, avoid major process upsets.
- Classification and re-creation of optimum operation.
Greater production efficiency and improved Quality Control, without expensive lab analysis.
- Detect “Abnormal” operation – triggering preventative maintenance activities.
Alerts that provide advanced warning of operational problems, allowing time for major problems to be averted.
- Improves the performance and strengthens the robustness of your control system
Data-driven inferrential sensors support or replace unreliable hardware.
- Predictive control that automatically drives the asset closer to optimum.
Proven in high-value advanced manufacturing, now available for water treatment.
techniques make your assets more responsive and more flexible, increasing their capability and extending their usable life. Through more intelligent use of existing assets, you will be able to demands and challenges of the future.