This role is to join the Perceptive Engineering business Unit within the Applied Materials APG Pharma division.
We are a premier provider of intelligent monitoring and control systems for process industries. We design, develop, and commission real-time monitoring, advanced multi-variable control, fault detection and diagnostic systems to optimize process performance, using our own software suite. We have been selected by an increasing number of blue-chip companies to help spearhead their optimization programs worldwide. We operate in consumer packaged goods, chemicals and food manufacturing and pharmaceutical production. This job opportunity is unique and exciting because our software products offer a complete white-space opportunity to bring unique and differential value to pharma industry. Our mission is to increase the productivity of the industry while dramatically reducing the cost of manufacturing.
We are currently looking for a Software Developer with up to 3 years of experience. Our award-winning software suite, PerceptiveAPC, is used for the control, optimisation, and monitoring of production processes. The successful candidate will be involved in developing and supporting the underlying technology via both front-end and back-end functionality. Together with developing new functionality, they will support the existing code base and be involved in interpreting requirements from internal and external users.
The key responsibilities of the role include (but are not limited to):
- Developing new functionality for our PerceptiveAPC software suite with associated unit tests
- Supporting the existing code base
- Writing clean, tested and secure code in line with quality requirements
- Interpreting requirements from internal and external users for inclusion in the software suite
- Working with a cross-functional team to ensure PerceptiveAPC meets the standards and requirements of our end users
- Java and Java Swing
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work within a team
- An undergraduate degree in an engineering or software discipline
- Experience in C, JUnit, Spring Framework, Microservices, SQL, Python, Containerisation, IOT or Industry 4.0
- Knowledge of OOP, BDD and Agile concepts
This is a permanent role based at the company's head office in Daresbury, Cheshire.